Thursday 14 July 2016

Poetry: BROKEN by Barakat Akannbi



Those thoughts ,feelings,illussions,dreams,
Well i guess they were all dreams,
 You've forgotten I'm  also human and cant keep pretending it'sall good whereas its not,
 Those doings,well i doubt i can forgive you,
I guess few will only understand,
how it feels to trust someone who betrayed,
deceived and rejected one,
 I still doubt there's a place in my heart left for you because,
the part of me that loved you is ...........GONE.

Barakat Akannbi

1 comment:

  1. The outstanding imagery in this poem is enhanced by your poetic choice of heavenly metaphors blended with the rhythm flowing from your heart. In other words what a nice poem and nice write. I really enjoyed this work of yours,it pictures it all and I look forward to reading and enjoying more of your thoughts put to paper. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete